The Controller is a member of the senior leadership team of the hospital and responsible for all functions related to the financial operations of the hospital. These responsibilities include accounting, insurance, financial systems, and auditing of all medical departments. The Controller gathers and analyzes all financial data and information to make sure the hospital is operating within budget and state/federal regulatory requirements. The Controller also attends the Hospital Board of Directors meetings for budget/financial reporting.
• Assuming a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
• Directing the preparation of internal financial reports, and ensuring that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
• Directing the timely submission of all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports, and third party payor cost reports.
• Identifying and reporting undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and making recommendations for action.
• Assisting the CEO in the development of long and short range hospital operations plans which may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses, productivity, and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
• Developing long and short range operational and capital budgets which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans
• Directing the preparation of hospital statistical reports, budgets, and financial reports.
• Administering the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
• Providing informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical record functions. Monitoring performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Forecasting the impact of business decision and expected outcomes on all financial results.
• Monitoring financial and economic information to identify trends and indicators that may impact business operations, planning, investments, and so forth.
• Reviewing contracts, purchase agreements, and other financial arrangements to ensure compatibility with business goals and expectations about profitability.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is required
• A master's degree in health/hospital administration, business administration, or related field is highly desirable.
• 5 years of experience with increasing responsibilities for financial reporting, financial planning, and personnel management.
Position Type : Full Time
300 3rd Ave SE
Magee, MS 39111